Monday, November 15, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Fifteen

You know the saying that you don't appreciate what you have until you no longer have it? I'm feeling that right now. I went home to Magna for the weekend and left my car, Toothless (yes, he has a name), at my parents' house so they could take him to the shop. The struts have been going out for a while now, and I finally decided to get the problem fixed.

I am currently without my car, which sucks. I'm driving my mom's PT Cruiser, which is fine, but I miss my car. I miss parking in the parking lot, the bottle of windshield washer solution clunking in the trunk, and the Sherwood air freshener. I miss just being so familiar with Toothless that it takes no effort to drive.

So today I'm thankful for my car. I'm thankful that I can afford the payments and that I could get myself a nice little car that is in (mostly) good working condition. I'm thankful that I have money in savings so I can afford to fix it if I need to (even when it's $500—ugh). I'm thankful that I should have Toothless back in the next couple of days so I can drive comfortably again.

No comments: