Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Thirty

Well, it's here, the last day of November and the last day of my thankful posts. Last year I ended the month with a really spiritual post. It won't be the same this year. But I do feel like I have posted sufficiently about how thankful I am for my faith and my beliefs. I love the Gospel, and that will never change. So this year I'm ending with something a little bit more secular.
At my company, all full-time employees are required to go through an education program. Since we work with the healthcare industry, which is ridiculously technical, the executives feel that all full-time employees should have a decent understanding of healthcare. So all year long, I've been chipping away at the requirements bit by bit. Then this morning I woke up and one of my very first thoughts was, "Oh crap, tomorrow's December! I have to finish education this month!" Hey there, stress, how's it going?

I made some strides, though—I scheduled articulation, which is one of two verbal tests/interviews I have to do. It requires studying and all that jazz, and I'm not particularly thrilled about it. And I'm even less thrilled about the final interview that requires a bunch of memorization. Awesome.

But at the same time, I'm really thankful that it's December. I'm thankful that in the next few weeks, I should finish the education program and not have to worry about it anymore. I'm thankful that I won't have to go to vendor landscapes or courses or watch anymore videos. Plus, I get a diploma and a bonus for finishing. I can't complain too much about that.

No comments: