Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Nine

Nothing in particular really jumped out at me as something to be thankful for today, but I did think a lot about my nieces and nephews. All of my siblings are married, and they all have kids, and thanks to that, I have nine nieces and nephews. Nine awesome kids who, despite being crazy at times, are the best kids in the world. They are the cutest nieces and nephews you will ever find anywhere, no contest.

I absolutely love being an aunt. I love playing with the little ones (and the not so little ones—my oldest niece is fourteen now). When I'm down, I know that I can go visit one of my siblings and their kids will brighten my day. There's nothing like having a three-year-old (or two-year-old, or seven-year-old, or five-year-old) yell, "Aunt Lindy!" and run to give me a giant hug. I don't think there is anything better than that in the world.

So today I'm thankful for Amanda, Will, Dalton, Isabella, Aiden, Adeline, Penelope, Ethan, and Chloe because they are the best nieces and nephews an aunt could ask for.

No comments: