Thursday, November 4, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Four

At work today, our HR director emailed everyone a list of all the days off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Six days off in seven weeks. Fantastic.

I've always loved getting days off work. I mean, really, who doesn't? But until this year, I always just got the day off, and I'd have to make up the hours the rest of the week if I wanted the pay. (I'm not sure why I'm explaining this . . . it's not exactly an unknown thing.) Now that I'm full time, I get paid for those holidays. So this year I'll get paid to pig out on Thanksgiving and to spend time with my family on Christmas. I know this isn't a foreign thing to most people, but this is the first time I've been paid for holidays. And it's awesome. And I'm really thankful for it.

No comments: