Sunday, November 21, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Twenty-One

I love Sundays. I think they're are the best. I'm a little sad that it didn't snow more today, though. I think it is the most comfortable thing to be curled up under a blanket on Sunday afternoon, reading a book and watching the snow fall. That often makes for a crappy commute come Monday morning, but it doesn't make it any less comfortable on Sunday afternoon.

I think my favorite thing about Sundays (besides the spirituality of church, of course) is coming home and changing from my skirt to my sweats. It's fantastic. I love lounging on Sunday afternoons—eating food, reading books, playing games, watching movies. After church, Cora and I played a few games of Yahtzee. I won, of course. My high for the night was 284, and I rolled yahtzees in two games in a row. It was awesome.

My apartment also had apartment intro at ward prayer tonight. We each chose some items that exemplify our personal nerdiness. My items were my unabridged Merriam-Webster dictionary and my usage dictionary. I could have chosen from a bunch of different things, but I thought that might have been a much more unique nerdiness.

I am so thankful that once a week I get to worship my Savior and recharge for the coming week. I think I would be much more stressed if I couldn't take one day of the week to simply relax and put away all of my weekly responsibilities.

No comments: