Sunday, November 28, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Twenty-Eight

We had a fantastic Sacrament meeting today. There were a few minutes left before the end of the meeting, and Bishop Clark invited his son Cliff to bear his testimony. Cliff has Down syndrome, I believe, and he is amazing. He is constantly smiling and happy, and he gives out hugs like candy. He brightens the lives of everyone around him. Any time either of his parents mention him or his family over the pulpit, Cliff bursts into tears.

When Cliff got up to bear his testimony, you could feel the Spirit so strongly. It was obvious that Cliff believes in this church with such pure, childlike faith. He has no doubt that his Heavenly Father loves him and that he needs to obey in order to live with Heavenly Father again. Cliff also told the ward that he loved everyone there, and I am sure that each person in that room could feel the honesty in his words.

Bishop got up once Cliff was done and said, "Is there anyone in this room that doubts Cliff when he says he loves you?" And there wasn't.

If one person can fill a room with so much love, how much more can the Lord give? As powerful as the Spirit was when Cliff was speaking, the Lord is capable of infinitely more. I am so thankful to know that if I live my life according to His will, I can always feel His Spirit and His love for me. My Savior is amazing, and I am so thankful that I know of His sacrifice for me. What a blessing it is to know that no matter what I am going through here in mortality, there is always someone there who loves me. That is so amazing to know.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thanks for posting this. :)