Sunday, November 7, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Seven

Fast Sundays always make me think about my testimony. I didn't actually bear my testimony today, but listening to everyone else's testimonies made me think about what I believe in. And the complete truth is that I believe in the Gospel. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that I have a Heavenly Father. I believe that my Savior died for me so that I can use the gift of the Atonement to become perfect like Christ is perfect. I believe that my Heavenly Father knows who I am individually. He knows my name, and He has a plan for me. Joseph Smith was a prophet who translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I believe that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet today and that he receives revelation from God to guide and direct The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in modern times.

This only scratches the surface of what I believe and why I believe it. I have had countless witnesses that the church I belong to is Christ's church, and I never plan on straying from that. Not ever. I couldn't find so much happiness anywhere else. Following the commandments and trying to be like my Savior bring me peace and happiness. I am so immensely thankful for the surety of my testimony and for wonderful parents who helped me gain that testimony while I was young. The foundation they laid for me has only gotten stronger as I have gotten older, and I can't say enough how thankful I am for that.