Monday, November 29, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Twenty-Nine

Today is Monday, which means FHE, of course. This is usually what happens with me and FHE: At the beginning of the semester, I try really hard to go and get to know the people in my group. I stay for the activity, then usually leave right once everything is done, because I always feel super awkward about mingling afterward. Then, when I realize that some of the people bug me or we end up doing super lame activities every week, I stop going. That's usually about halfway through the semester. So by the end of the semester, I'm ignoring the flyers and doing other really important things with my Monday night, of course.

Well, last night, my FHE mom roped me into bringing a treat tonight, so of course I had to go. And when I have to go, it makes me want to go even less. But I went, and it actually turned out to be really fun. There were only six of us there (because everyone else in our group is apparently even lamer than I am) and we played Christmas Pictionary, which was surprisingly fun. Everyone stuck around for a while, so we actually got a chance to chill and be ourselves for a bit. It was very entertaining.

I'm really thankful for these experiences that remind me of why I need to be social. There are a lot of really great people in my ward, but because I can be so introverted, I don't give myself the chance to get to know them. Nights like tonight let me know that I really should put myself out there a little more and make some new friends.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

Rudolph the Red-nosed Wiener Dog!