Friday, November 19, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Nineteen

Tonight I got to go to Faith and Jake's wee little apartment for dinner, which was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen them since their wedding reception, so it was great to hang out with them some more. I love those guys. They're one of those few and far between couples where I know each of them separately and individually. I didn't meet Jake through Faith or vice versa.

I've known them both for years. Jake and I grew up in the same stake, and Faith and I have been best friends since tenth grade. They didn't even start dating until our senior year of high school. This whole situation is great because it means I can hang out with them even after they're married and not end up cracking inside jokes with Faith that Jake doesn't get. We can talk about things that happened in high school and chances are that we were all there. It's great.

I'm super thankful for friends like Faith and Jake, and friends like Marla, Cami, Traci, Kate, and Eliza. I'm so thankful that I made good choices about the people I spent time with in high school because most of us have stayed close throughout college. It's great to know that I have people in my life who care about me like these guys do.


I figured high school photos would be the best option here. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Kate from high school. I still love her though!

1 comment:

Faith said...

And we love you, Lindy!! Really, it's amazing we've all stayed so close for so long. Here's to still being friends when our ten year High School reunion rolls around! *clink*