Monday, November 8, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Eight

Tonight was the ward talent show/Thanksgiving dinner. I like talent shows, and I'm one of those people who always signs up to do something. (No, I'm not trying to show off, I just like having an excuse to sing something that's not a church song.) For this talent show, I figured out "Come Home" by OneRepublic on the piano and sang it. It was the first time that I had ever figured a song out just by chords and not by reading the music. I must say that I was pretty proud of myself because it sounded all right. People seemed to like it, even though I messed up.

So today, I'm thankful for my talents. I'm thankful that I have a visible talent that I can share and that people enjoy hearing. I'm not terribly confident in many things, but I am confident in my singing voice, and I'm very thankful for that. I love singing, and I love that I'm good at it. It's nice when something you love doing coincides with something you're good at.

And now, at the risk of seeming presumptuous, I'm going to post the video of me singing at the talent show tonight. Enjoy.

No comments: