Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Twenty-Five

Ahhh, Thanksgiving! The one day of the year when everyone is expected to pig out and be lazy. Such a fantastic holiday. I went to Uncle Paul and Aunt Kathy's house for dinner. There were only nine of us there, and it was really nice. I was kind of nice to just have adults and older kids there. There were no little kids running around, which was definitely different. But I really liked the smaller group this year. We could just sit and talk and not have to shout over a gazillion people.

I'm so thankful for a nice holiday, where I could take a break from work and even from Provo. I love lounging around at my parents' house for the holidays. I don't have to cook, I don't have to work, and I don't have to wake up early for anything. I can watch the rivalry game with Dad and see Harry Potter again with my mom. I'm thankful I'm close enough to home that I can spend every holiday with my family.

No comments: