Thursday, November 4, 2010

Return of the Blu-Ray

Today is a very happy day. I got my Blu-ray player back, which is fantastic. It's really amazing how big of a difference a Blu-ray player makes even in regular DVDs. I won't have to mess with the aspect ratio on my TV anymore when we watch movies, so no picture will be cut off and no images will be stretched. Hallelujah.

I went home for lunch today, and it was a good thing I did. The UPS guy left the Blu-ray player sitting in front of my door. Awesome. I love it when they leave my expensive purchases sitting out like that.

As soon as I got inside, I ripped open the box and hooked up the player. I couldn't wait to see if it actually worked. I popped in Beauty and the Beast, which had been giving me the worst problems, and the Blu-ray loaded just fine. Happy, happy day! Then I came home from work and watched the whole thing, just to make sure it's really working. And it is.

I think I'm pretty safe to go and buy the Back to the Future trilogy now. I can't wait to watch it on my newly working Blu-ray player. (Or my simply new Blu-ray player . . . I think they might have just shipped me another one. As long as it works, I don't care.)

No comments: