Friday, November 5, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Five

Today I'm thankful for sports. Odd, it's true, but I like sports. A lot. And I like that I like sports because it gives me something else to enjoy, something else to get excited about. I spent my Friday evening watching a Jazz game. Sure, they lost, which sucks, but I still enjoyed watching it. And tomorrow I'm going to go to Lavell Edwards Stadium and (hopefully) watch BYU beat UNLV, and I'm excited about it. Then next Friday I'm going to the BYU basketball home opener, which should be SWEET because the Cougs have a chance to be ridiculously (and I mean ridiculously) good this year.

I know I'm a weird girl, that I'm out of the ordinary because I go out of my way to watch sporting events, whether I'm alone or with other people. But I've been watching sports my whole life, and it's fun to be competitive. I'm thankful that I have something that I can do with my dad and my brothers. I go get pedicures with the girls and watch sports with the guys. It's fun to have two such different sides to me.



No comments: