Sunday, November 14, 2010

Being Thankful: Day Fourteen

I taught in Relief Society today on the Holy Ghost. It was a great lesson, though it made me nervous because it was only three pages long. I wasn't sure how I was going to fill all the time with only three pages. But I know the Spirit helped me by letting me know what to say and by prompting the sisters to share thoughts and experiences. We had some good discussion, and I think the lesson went well.

As I was preparing the lesson and reading the additional scriptures, I just had this overwhelming feeling that the Church is true. It was like a wave that came over me, reaffirming what I already knew. I love the Holy Ghost for that reason. I am so thankful that I have been baptized and confirmed, which allowed me to receive the Holy Ghost. I am so thankful that I have a God with me always, to guide me and direct me as I try to be like my Savior. I love the comfort that gives me. The Spirit is real. He acts as a continual witness of truth so that I can know over and over again that my Savior lives and that His church is on the earth today. It is such a fantastic gift, and I hope that I can always live my life worthy to accept that gift.

No comments: